Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas Crafts #1

Woooo! I did some crafting!


I seem to be the only person I know who isn't mental over gardening, so I thought pretty flower-pots would make good Christmas presents. These terracotta pots were only 79p from Homebase, I base-coated with white and then painted the rest with acrylics. It took pretty much ages, but it was a good excuse to have the Christmas movie channel on in the background on Friday afternoon. It saw out my hangover on Sunday too (after Penny & the Sausages Lady Gaga gig for Nik's birthday - band sambuca shots are becoming a worrying trend).


I didn't use any templates or anything, because I'm impatient. I think the rustic look kinda works though. Going to varnish them with some decoupage craft seal from Hobbycraft.

POTTY!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I should have done some homemade bits but I've been slack and haven't made a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Rachel. And I don't blame you....reckon I've spent a good 7 hours on these! Every year I forget how time consuming making stuff is....

    Px

    ReplyDelete