Yesterday I had one of those funny days when you try really hard to count your blessings, but there's no getting out from under that pesky raincloud.
Isn't being sad on the internet funny? You get so used to putting yourself all out there, and then all of a sudden you want to say something that isn't pithy or entertaining. It makes people uncomfortable to read it. What do you want them to do? Is saying it out loud a bit like asking for help? Maybe sometimes it is.
This time it isn't though. I am writing about my sad face because I don't have anything else in my head to write about, and it's filling me up like a gassy burp that needs to come out. So pardon me while I burp, and then please do go about your day.
Here are some things I wrote on the lately which are happy:
- I went to see Milk Music and Bleached at the Brudenell, and they have a lot of hair.
- If you're going to (or thinking of going to) the brilliant Long Division music festival this weekend then here is a handy guide.
- This is how to run if you hate running.
- These are the brilliant lo-fi records I loved as a teenager.
- And finally here is a little thing I wrote ages ago, and I'm putting it here again for the lovely Katielase who is getting married the first weekend in June (that's THIS WEEKEND fyi) like all the best couples do. Just writing that sentence has made my sad face go away. Good luck Katie, you are going to have THE most amazing time.