Thursday 1 March 2012

Spring Is Sprung!

It's March, and that means it's not technically the Winter anymore.

See how happy the lambs are!


That's because they're being born. And then possibly eaten, but we'll skip over that.

Look, it's March! The bears are waving to you.



That's because it's time for them to get out of their beds and go to work again. And we all know what bears do for a living: steal picnic baskets. That's right, while this one is politely waving to you, his friend is snaffling your cheese and pickle sandwiches. Naughty spring bear! We'll let him off this time, he's probably hungry after all that sleeping.

Like the lambs and the bears, I am very happy about Spring's arrival. I actually get to go to work in the almost-light now, which is making me feel more like a functioning member of society, and less like a burglar. Spring also means jackets not coats (much more stylish), a glut of public holidays that I fully intend to take advantage of, and the possibility of weather fair enough to coerce Sam into tramping round the countryside with me, breathing in great lungfuls of Spring air.

Unfortunately, not everybody is quite as happy as we are about the impending change of season.


Don't worry puppy, it will soon be Christmas again.

What do you like best about Spring?

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. It's so joyful. I love being able to spend evenings in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to use more animals in posts. Every time I look back at this, it makes me smile.

    Px

    ReplyDelete