- I'm going on a self-imposed exclamation mark ban, having glanced at my feed on Twitter and noticed I permanently sound like an over-caffeinated 8 year old.
- I have a weekend stretching ahead with very little to do in it. What free things do you do when bare of pocket? It must involve spending less than £5.
- I am 150 pages away from finishing Anna Karenina. I am hoping for a zombie apocalypse at the end.On the plus side, it will make a very useful doorstop when I've finished it.
- It is three weeks away from our first wedding anniversary. THREE WEEKS. What can I do as a present? Must cost less than £5, see above.
- I wrote about the Live At Leeds Unconference for the Culture Vulture here. I recommend reading it if you are in any way involved in new music. It was a great event, even if it did make me feel very old and uncool...
- ...and my latest record reviews for Florence Finds are here . My favourites this month are Jack White and Ellen & The Escapades. It's an Americana kind of month.
- Finally, husband has returned from the Wakefield gig triumphant, but without a three-album deal for Retarded Fish. This is good news for anyone who didn't wish to see him in his bloated, sequinned jumpsuit wearing phase (although there is still time for a Dugong reunion I suppose).