Sunday 2 September 2012

I'm Back! Plus, the Kabeedies

I might not post every day now, but I'm back and feeling better.

HOLY SHIT my new job is full on. And obviously I'm still teaching fitness in the evenings too, which barely leaves me time to breathe. Or blog.

I've had an amazing weekend which involved going out in town on Saturday night and meeting people that have lived at the end of our street for the last four years and we have never spoken to before. I am amazed we have neighbours who are into tattoos/cats/FlamingLips ....how have we never met?*

Also, I've finally realised that margaritas are my cocktail. You know, like your cocktail is a mojito. Well, mine is a margarita.

And I totally forgot to tell you about this band, the Kabeedies. They're completely brilliant, and I want you to ignore the fact that their amazing female vocalist has just left the band because they're still great and I'm going to go back in time ten years and clone myself so they can have a Me to sing her parts instead. Because if I wasn't a boring old fart with a mortgage and a husband I would be hanging on their trouser legs and begging them to let me do it.




Proper summer music, proper ace. I got their album Soap a few weeks ago and it's relentlessly cheery. Check them out.




*FAO Mum I still don't have any tattoos, that's just Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment