Friday 9 September 2011

First Dance Friday: Sam's Birthday Edition

Happy Birthday, Husband!

 

24 again today....and gracing us with his First Dance Friday to mark the occasion.

I'm not sure who else would have 6am by Screeching Weasel as their first dance, apart from maybe if Sam got cloned and then married himself. Unsurprisingly, it has no Youtube clip other than a teenage boy in his bedroom playing along to it badly. 

Screeching Weasel are an awesome scrappy punk band from Chicago, who are probably responsible for Green Day and definitely responsible for Blink 182. So next time some pierced up 14 year olds rag your ears down the local Tut N Shive with something they call "pop punk", you'll know who to blame.

No sounds for your ears, but I like the words best anyway. They're cute:

I know that the things that I say aren't too cool
But I feel like I'm whacked out on high octane you
We walked and we talked 'til around 4 a'clock
And I'm flippin my wig over you

I laid on the floor wondering what I should do
I couldn't help smiling at you like a goof
I wish I had known that I could have gone home with you
Flippin my wig over you

You had me wondering why I'm so lame
You had me thinking about you all day every day

The sun's coming up and the bud's going down and its
certainly nice that we got to hang out
But when push comes to shove I think I fell in love,
or at least had a dumb crush on you
Now I sit here and sing thinking up stupid things I'm still
flippin my wig over you
I'm still flippin my wig over you


Awww...
Edit: Our last full day in Manhattan is just beginning...we are moving residence to Brooklyn tomorrow for EVEN MORE EXCITEMENT. Last night was truly bizarre- ended up crashing a fashion week party at Kiehl's and getting drunk on free wine amongst all the posh moisturiser, and then bellowing out Spandau Ballet on karaoke in front of a load of bemused fashionistas. God knows what tonight will hold....hope you all have a fabulous Friday night, especially those jammy enough to be going to Any Other Party. I am there in spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment