Wednesday 5 September 2012

Bag It UP!

In spite of  having to wait until the end of September to get paid ANYTHING from my new job, I am perpetually being lured by the siren call of city centre lunch-break shopping.

Here's the problem: if I don't leave the office, people think I'm still working and give me stuff to do.

However.

If I leave the office, there is another issue. I am faced with a city centre bursting with pretty things to buy. A thousand retail temptations dancing past my senses like a glorious technicolour parade of wanton jezebels, sequins glistening, satin shining, whispering come buy me you need me you can't live without me.

Bag in Zara. In my opinion, unfairly priced. Because I cannot afford it.


OH! if I just bought some black court shoes then all my previously jazzy and unsuitable work outfits would magically appear demure and work-appropriate. OH! if I just had the right (expensive) bag to put things in then I would suddenly be organised enough to not leave my lunch at home and have to go to Sesame again. OH! the conundrum of dressing for the corporate office with a hipster sensibility could easily be solved with the right shirt dress. OH! a good black blazer makes everything look brilliantly smart, you just need to look in enough shops to find the right one ooh and while I'm in here look at that spotty top and those denim shorts I need I need I need

How do people do this every day? What is the answer?

Do I just need to get a promotion so I can afford it all?

1 comment:

  1. I now work in New Cross so can't shop on my lunch break and it has saved me a fortune. Genuinely. It has also made me addicted to the Asos site. Stupid clothes that look pretty and would be ace on but can't be bought.

    ReplyDelete